Monday, April 8, 2024

Finding our Way...Home!

 

    HOME is where the six of us grow together. Unfortunately, we do not have a happy ambiance in the family. We experience a meager budget. We don't know about traveling together or having a party for one's birthday. We don't have a reunion to tie up with our roots. In short, we just live by everyday means. Such a poignant story that I always look back on, there is much sadness in my heart, that we are together but we lack being together. Despite it all I consider ours as one FAMILY, under the same roof. The connection between our parents and the six of us is always strong. My parents are old people, of course, dominant in a way, that as parents, they have to be parents and must be followed. There is goodness in them that cannot be put aside which is to bring us, all of us together, despite the impoverished lifestyle we have and also despite the struggles and experiences they have. They also were fighting their own battles, then. I respect the situation and I consider that matter. As we go along with life, we are innocent of how the world works because we are forced to stay most of the time at home and not participate in events. We are just the audience. I saw how some of my brothers rebelled and found their way. Some of them lost their way and resorted to becoming liabilities also. Indulge in some fights in the community. But of course, we hold on to our ties of being siblings, protecting each other. Until all of us got family. Living and leaving some scars of our childhood. Now that we are all growing older, we lost one brother, the third one. We have our own family already, and I have always this poignant feeling that makes me feel small. 


    The world is not fair. But now I long for those 6 persons who grow together despite the disturbed emotions we have then. We lived our lives after all. Still, we are living, but with other people. I wrote this, just to reminisce what we have before. Our way of living then. How I long for happiness. But I will always remember it ALL that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment